Welcome to my Home!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you're here and hope you take the time to look around. There's going to be a lot of before and afters, ideas, inspiration, tips, tutorials, and whatever else I come upon during my journey of home renovation and decoration. We'll see where it takes us!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kitchen Update


Well, for most of August we've been working on the kitchen.  Bead board installation went smoother than I thought (future post coming on that). 




These are some rough pictures before I prepped the trim for painting.  There were a few surprises along the way, like using more trim in more places than I realized.   I also learned how to use the table saw without chopping off my fingers, which is a good thing!  And I had so much fun using my new nail gun with the air compressor (thanks Dad!). Priming is in full swing and I'm so close to getting some great color in the kitchen- I can't contain myself!

I couldn't help it, when I went to Menards to pick up more primer and trim paint... I had to get the wall color.  What better thing to do while you are waiting for primer to dry than to get some color on the walls!

As always I had last minute deliberations with the paint color.  I came so close to getting the turquoise color that matches our Fiesta Ware to put on the walls.  A gallon of it actually came home with me.




But I think I'm going to go the safe route and use this gorgeous buttercream (Dutch Boy Honey Bear) on the walls.  I think it will really warm up the kitchen (and make the hubs happy!).



I have to say I love the Dutch Boy Color Visualizer.  Have you ever seen this program?  This program was available at my local Menards.  I was able to plug my exact colors in along with a guess on the new countertop color (Spiced Java).

 Once I saw the colors together in a sample kitchen I was sold on the Honey Bear/Lambswool White combo.  Apparently you can purchase the CD from  Dutch Boy and even download a picture of your room that you are working on.  Cyndy, over at her fabulous blog, The Exchange, just posted about using the new brochures that were created by Sherwin-Williams and HGTV.  They have some pretty inspirational pictures and unique color combos.  What's your favorite way to pick the color of your room?

4 comments:

  1. So fun! Love the turquoise too but I'm with ya, safe is the best bet. You can always change the color later if you keep dreaming about it! Thank you so much for mentioning my post and thank you for your sweet comments! Good luck and I look forward to keeping up with you!
    cheers!
    Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! Thank you so much for visting me and leaving me a comment. I love your homework station...the mason jars are fabulous! I think your new kitchen colours will be terrific. You can always choose decorative accents in that turqouise colour that you love! Paint some frames and hang some plates or paint a shelf! I hope you have a wonderful week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beadboard looks great. Funny - our kitchens are so similar. Can't wait to see some finished photos. Are you getting close to being done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our kitchen is same it is, but just now I painted with white and blue shade. The beadboard looks great in your blog post also the mason jars are fabulous. remote control plane

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...