Welcome to my Home!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you're here and hope you take the time to look around. There's going to be a lot of before and afters, ideas, inspiration, tips, tutorials, and whatever else I come upon during my journey of home renovation and decoration. We'll see where it takes us!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

September Porch {Decorate}

As busy as I've been inside trying to get the kitchen painted, you all know I got sidetracked a bit cleaning up my new rocker.  She was definitely a trash to treasure project! I was feelin' pretty crafty getting my "no-sew" skills on with the cushion.  So finally here is my front porch.  I think I got it spruced up just in time to decorate for Halloween!


Here's a whole porch shot- That would be my little guy trying to scare away the ginormous spider that lived in the corner of the porch.  I think he was doing a pretty good job looking fierce! Although you can't see the front door, you aren't missing anything. There was nothing on it!

Yes, I know... you are overwhelmed with the color and creativity! Ha!



Some of the changes I made weren't just to take the front porch from Summer to Fall, but to update some features of our new home that simply weren't working for me. Take a look at our doorbell... I mean for real! Would you want to come ring my doorbell if it looked like this?? {ICK!} It's part of our whole house intercom system (which apparently was quite popular 20 years ago).  



First order of business was to break out my trusty auto body spray primer, fine grit sandpaper, and Oil Rubbed Bronze Rustoleum spray paint.  Sand, prime, and paint... and the doorbell at least won't scare visitors away anymore!







Ahhhh..... so much better!

I picked up the "Fleurs" hanger at a garage sale for free (yes! same place I got that free drop cloth I mentioned when I re-covered my chair cushion)

I used one of my 3M hooks that are removable.  It was originally brushed nickle, but a hit of ORB spray helped pull the look together.


Any idea what to do about the glass block, short of ripping it out? It's not my favorite look, but I'm not sure what to do with  it!


I was  bit delayed in getting this post out because I was looking for a pot for the orangey colored mums.  I happened onto a pedestal pot at the dollar tree on clearance.  I snatched it up for $1.50 and hit it with some spray paint.  Problem solved!

Stick bundles in a basket. I love this simple kind of decorating.  I plan on adding more through the fall.

I've already got some things ready for Halloween, I won't put those up until the first week of October.  For now we dedicate September to all the kids birthdays! : ) 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome - I love the pops of turquoise (one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the turquoise chair its fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...