Welcome to my Home!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you're here and hope you take the time to look around. There's going to be a lot of before and afters, ideas, inspiration, tips, tutorials, and whatever else I come upon during my journey of home renovation and decoration. We'll see where it takes us!

Monday, August 22, 2011

I can get distracted sometimes... {Thrifty Finds}

I should be working on installing beadboard in my kitchen. What am I doing instead? Drooling over these new lights I found at Lowe's--- for $5 a piece!!


Yikes! I kinda loved them when I spotted them on the clearance table. And then I loved them even more when I saw the 75% off sticker.  Have you checked out your Lowe's for lighting?  They have great stuff and when you find it on clearance, that's all the better!


When we moved into this house we picked out the WORST two rooms and decided to tackle them first. First up- Master Bathroom, quickly followed by the kitchen. But somehow.... our Master Bedroom keeps ending up in the mix.

 We debated for weeks what color to paint the bathroom. We wanted a beach cottage feel. But do we go with greens? or blues? The debate went on and on. We even put a couple of patches of a seaside green up on the wall. I had picked the gallon up from the mistint table at Lowe's or Home Depot (I can't remember which). And then one day while perusing the Anthropologie website, Hubs and I both fell in love with a set of sheets.


 We ordered them, with promises that THIS will be our anniversary present to each other because there was no other way that we could ever agree to spend THAT much money on sheets. I was thankful when the arrived because FINALLY we would have some colors to work off of. But again... do we pick the pale blue? the medium blue? hey what about that coral color? Ugh. The debate continued. Until one day when we realized that the {mistint} seaside green MATCHED the minty green in the sheets. FATE had intervened! The decision was made.

So the bathroom was painted sea green and in the end we are both happy with it.  I know I keep promising the big Master Bath reveal... but I STILL can't find the perfect bathmats... and there is still some wall art to work on.  And I just want it perfect when I show it off : )

And now... when I am supposed to be focusing on the kitchen I bring home lamps for the Master Bedroom {head slap}
Yep, that's just a naked down comforter!  I'm still hoping and praying
 that Target gets the duvet cover I picked out back into stock!





Don't judge the nightstand... it has a paint job in it's future!
Maybe by the time I finish the kitchen I will have accumulated all the right accessories for the bedroom and all there will be left to do is paint!  I can dream? Right?

Now... on to installing that beadboard!

Sumo's Sweet Stuff

2 comments:

  1. I'm so very jealous of your amazing lamp find! I love the crackled glass look thingy. Whatever its called, love! Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the space!

    Brie from Darling Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that comforter - I need one in my bedroom. The lamps and the sheets look great. I think it's important to splurge on something for your house every once in awhile. Plus, sheets last a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...