Welcome to my Home!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you're here and hope you take the time to look around. There's going to be a lot of before and afters, ideas, inspiration, tips, tutorials, and whatever else I come upon during my journey of home renovation and decoration. We'll see where it takes us!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Paper Pennant Banner {Decorate}

Banners are all the rage now. I'm kinda in love with them. One word from the hubs that he was down with the idea was all it took for me to rush out and grab a stack of cutesy scrap book paper and start cutting away.

There are a bazillion tutorials out there on how to make great banners-holiday banners,chalk board banners, birthday cake bunting, and fabric banners.

Diary of a Quilter
The Design Confidential
Intimate Weddings
Peppermint Pinwheels Etsy Shop



I just went the easy route and grabbed some cutesy heavy duty scrappin' paper and modge podge.  I cut some templates of the two sizes of triangles that I wanted to use and got busy tracing and cutting.

I applied modge podge to the back side of the small triangle
 and centered it on top of the larger  triangle.
I then applied modge podge over the whole thing and firmly ran my
finger over the whole thing to get rid of any air bubbles.


Here are all the triangle drying.  I added a second coat of modge
podge to each piece.

I took a small hole punch and punched a hole in the two topmost
corners of each pennant and ran sisal twine
over and under through each piece.




A quick afternoon project to add a little more color to the bathroom.

Linking up to some fabulous parties:


Sumo's Sweet Stuff

Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing my chalkboard pennant banner! I loved making it, and so glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And thanks so much for the shoutout!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...