Welcome to my Home!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you're here and hope you take the time to look around. There's going to be a lot of before and afters, ideas, inspiration, tips, tutorials, and whatever else I come upon during my journey of home renovation and decoration. We'll see where it takes us!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Sad Goodbye

We said a sad goodbye to my parents today.  It was so great to spend some time with them and for them to see the grandkids.  We spent much of our free time fooling around with several projects and creating a timeline for the kitchen renovation.

The kitchen bench seating was built and installed.
It's not so pretty now, but trim work will be done in a bit.

This is looking down inside the bench.
See where the register comes out of  the floor?
We added tubing to re-route the air.

Here you can see where the air
will come out the side of the bench so that
it won't be trapped inside.



Whee! Brand spankin' new garbage roll out!
Thanks Dad!





These are the new cabinets that replaced the desk area.
Yes, they are ugly now, but again... painting will be done.


And here's my new bench seating fabric.
This went home with  Mom so that she could sew it on a decent machine.
Maybe one day I'll get a machine that works!


We had so much fun working together and hanging with the kids.  I just wish they lived closer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...