Welcome to my Home!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you're here and hope you take the time to look around. There's going to be a lot of before and afters, ideas, inspiration, tips, tutorials, and whatever else I come upon during my journey of home renovation and decoration. We'll see where it takes us!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Beachy Wall Art

One step closer to a finished Master Bath!




Pinned and Completed! 
I found this gorgeous mantle on Finding Home and absolutely FELL in LOVE with it.  
*Sigh*... isn't it beautiful....?

I pinned it and knew that there had to be a way to incorporate something like this into our Master Bath.  It would bring exactly that touch of beachy coastal feel I wanted without being too kitschy.


Our Master Bath has been {almost} done for several months weeks now.  In my process of procrastinating with the painting of the kitchen cabinets I decided to take an afternoon and get some decor up in our Master Bath.  

I hauled out an old window frame I had picked up from a garage sale for $5.  I added a couple layers of sisal twine and grapevine wire.  From that I hung some sea stars that I had picked up from Michaels, glass mason jar lids and some of my grandmothers shells that she had collected from the Connecticut shore near her home.  I thought it was a great way to display some of her collection.  A glue gun is all it took to hold everything together.  








It's not exactly like my inspiration pin, but I'm pretty happy with the overall look!



The DIY Show Off
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal CharmTutorials and Tips

16 comments:

  1. Nice use of a salvaged window and great way to display your grandmother's shells. I like the way the drape of your framed bits mirrors the drape of the banner in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so awesome! Anything with Starfish and I'm a fan. :o)

    I'm a new follower from Cure for the Common Monday.

    Please feel free to link up to my Make Yourself Monday blog hop!

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you put your own spin on it. Makes it more unique and special, and it turned out beautiful!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to display your Grandma's shells, and what a lovely decoration for the master bathroom! It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glass mason jar lids are new to me. They look really pretty hanging with the beachy treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopped by from Debbiedoos newbie party. I like your beachy art! I love using old windows and frames! I joined your blog today too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for linking up to the Frugal Tuesday Tip and thanks for stopping by yesterday!
    http://confessionsofafrugalmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! It turned out so cute! And you can say that you actually made something you pinned, unlike some people (me). I can't wait to see the finished bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I love it...it's very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so fabulous! I love beachy decor, and I really like the pink with it...nice touch! Would you pretty please link it up to my thinking pink party?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/welcome-to-week-6-of-falling-for-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up to the Frugal Tuesday Tip. Maybe leave a link back to us next time? http://juliecache.com/2011/10/10/frugal-tuesday-tip-38-and-another-coupon-meet-up/.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO awesome and soo cute.. Very creative..I am officially following ya with smiles :)) I am hosting Project Pink Blog day today and I would LOVE for you to link this up and share with all the lovely ladies please.. TY SO MUCH.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/project-p-i-n-k-countdown.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...