Welcome to my Home!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you're here and hope you take the time to look around. There's going to be a lot of before and afters, ideas, inspiration, tips, tutorials, and whatever else I come upon during my journey of home renovation and decoration. We'll see where it takes us!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What We Do In This House...{Thoughts}




There are simply times where I am just overwhlemed with emotion.  It's usually a feeling of gratefulness.  I look around me at how lucky I am.  Four beautiful, perfect children.  A loving, adoring, and caring husband.  A warm and safe house.

I wonder how we can get so caught up in what we don't have, what we can't have, how things should be. We get distracted by TV shows, the internet, or video games that we forget to simply BE with the ones around us.

Sometimes my love for them (my fam) feels so big I can't believe that I can be distracted.  I want to be able to live every moment right there in that moment. And not worry about the messy kitchen, or whether or not I have email, or the growing To Do List in my head.  I have so many things I want to do.  I want to pick up running again, I want to craft and create all day, I want to finish painting my kitchen, I want my house to be clean and to put good meals on the table, I want to find the best deals in town and save the most money I can for our family, I want to read a book.  So many things I want to do or wish for.  I want to have my hand in them all... but there are only so many hours in a day.

I love the moments I find myself completely engaged.  I know beyond all else that is what my family really cares about.  So the house isn't always clean, or projects are slow to be finished.  What matters most is being WITH them.  I hope for my children that during those moments I can pass onto them the things in life that I know are important - loving each other and themselves, giving to and forgiving others, having fun and challenging themselves.

I hope that if I can make this sign and place it in my living room I can not only remind myself of what is important, but I can reassure my family how important they are to me.

This image was found on Pinterest courtesy of A Lady's Findings.  It's a future project for my home.

5 comments:

  1. Love! I just got done doing a plank sign with this words on it...just yesterday. I was planning on posting it this weekend. Copycat I am, I know. This looks beautiful and what great words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, I see now that you haven't made the sign. I am excited to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many project inspirations from pinterest... so little time! I loved the words so much I wanted to share. I'd love see what you did as well... feel free to come on back and leave a link : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. Your words are so true. I think that sign will be going into my ever growing list of things I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been pinning these as well. It's a great reminder for all members of the family. Love the idea!

    ~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...